TAPERED ROLLER BEARINGS
TAPERED ROLLER BEARINGS
Tapered roller bearings utilize conical rollers and raceways, arranged so that the rollers and raceways meet at a common apex. The rollers are guided by contact between the large end of the roller and a rib on the inner ring. This provides high capacity for radial and single thrust loads.
PREMIUM BRANDS, PREMIUM MATERIALSWe offer premium tapered roller bearings under the NTN and Bower® brand names. Most NTN and all Bower® tapered roller bearings feature case-carburized components. Cups, cones, and rollers are made from case-hardened alloy steel of “Bearing Quality” to provide superior fatigue life and reliability. Precise control of heat treatment, dimensions, and surface finish of the components further contribute to reliable bearing performance. So whether you’re looking for an American-made, case-carburized inch series taper, or a metric series through-hardened variety, we have you covered with a proper fit for your application. Premium steels and heat treatments are also available for applications requiring extended life and high reliability.
XL100In the good, better, and best ranking of bearings, XL100 is NTN’s best. Its design encompasses many of the upgrades we offer in our bearings: enhanced material, enhanced heat treatment, and optimized roller crowning. These features increase the bearing’s life adjustment factor to 1.9, ultimately leading to longer bearing life.
AS HEAT TREATMENTNTN’s Austenite Strengthening process (AS) is a special heat treatment applied to the rolling elements. By chemically altering the surface chemistry of the roller, we are able to create a thin layer of retained Austenite that results in compressive stresses that increase bearing life. AS Treatment alone results in a material life multiplier of 1.5. When used in conjunction with TMB, that life multiplier increases to 3.6.
- Timken Spherical Roller Bearing
- TIMKEN® SNT PLUMMER BLOCK
- TIMKEN® SPHERICAL ROLLER BEARING SOLID-BLOCK HOUSED UNITS
- Timken HE2338 Metric HE Adapter Sleeve for Inch Shaft
- Timken H3280 Metric H Adapter Sleeve
- Axial angular contact ball bearings 234426-M-SP
- Timken National Seals 415060
- Axial deep groove ball bearings GT42
- Timken 7316WN Angular Contact Ball Bearings
- Timken QVPG28V415S Single V-Lock Four-Bolt Pillow Block
- Timken DV-44 Inch DUSTAC™ Shaft Seal
- Timken SNW-3036 x 6 1/2 SNW/SNP – Pull-Type Sleeve Locknut Lockwasher/Lockplate Assemblies
- SKF 62211-2RS1